BURLAP WREATH-Pinecone Wreath Makeover

Sometimes...I just can't help myself.  I was given a pinecone wreath as a gift and I thought it was really cute.  My original thought was that I would hang the pinecone wreath on my door with fresh greens behind it. Well, that didn't happen.  I love me my burlap.

You can do this technique with any wreath, really.  I like the way it looks so much that I might make a small one for inside my apartment.  This was so easy that you could do this with your children. 

How cute is this?

MATERIALS USED:

PINECONE WREATH 
BELLS
BURLAP SQUARES (with gold highlights on them)
RIBBON
HOT GLUE GUN

DIRECTIONS:

1. GLUE BELLS ON WITH HOT GLUE GUN.

2. GLUE BURLAP SQUARES ON.  Fold squares and glue into all the little nooks and crannies of the pinecones.  Glue the squares in different directions. CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW I MADE MY BURLAP & GOLD SQUARES

If you are doing this activity with children you can use a child friendly glue.  Just make sure it dries clear.

3.  ADD  TO YOUR EXISTING BOW.  I did this by making single loops and putting them behind the bow.

4. FLUFF YOUR BURLAP AND TAKE OFF ANY UNWANTED FRINGE.  I did leave some of the pinecones showing.  I actually didn't intend to put that much burlap on.  I got a little carried away.  

5. HANG AND ENJOY.


If you like the way this wreath looks you might want to check out how to make my Burlap Pom Pom Ornament:  BURLAP POM POM ORNAMENT  

ORIGINAL GIFTED WREATH 






WITH THE BELLS

FOLDED SQUARE.  GLUE GOES ON INSIDE CORNER.

RIBBON LOOP 




No comments:

Post a Comment