This is a very simple way to make signs for pictures so that you can put whatever message you would like in the frame when editing the image. You can use these for engagement photos, family photos, christmas cards, baby pictures (marking the months). Really, the options are endless!
I bought my frames at AC Moore and Home Goods. They both were very inexpensive. I believe that I spent $7 & $14 on the frames. I chose very simple frames because you are going to be putting font inside of them. It will be a lot to look at so you want to keep it simple. Remember, you will also be in the picture and have the whole background also.
Here is an example of how I used the frames for my save the dates. Save The Dates- Kakie Wedding!
1. REMOVE BACK OF PICTURE
2. TAKE OUT GLASS
3. USE WHATEVER CARDBOARD OR BACKING IS IN THE FRAME AS A GUIDE AS MEASUREMENT ON FOAM BOARD AND TRACE SHAPE ONTO BOARD.
4. CUT FOAM BOARD WITH BOX CUTTER
5. PUT FOAM BOARD IN FRAME
6. PUT CARDBOARD BACKING IN FRAME
7. DUCT TAPE IT IN PLACE. (If there are the little metal things that you can bend into place to hold the board into place then you do not need to use duct tape if you do not want to)
8. DISPOSE OF GLASS SAFELY (or save for another crafting project). DO NOT PUT THE GLASS IN THE FRAME.